Nvidia support

brad allison yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 17 14:44:00 2002

I was talking about my G4 900Mhz Quicksilver which came with a GeForce4
card.

I was able to find a co-worker who has an older G4 with a GeForce2 MX card
and we traded.

So I'm now testing against the GeForce2 MX card which is listed as
"supported".

I was able to X working with it using the "nv" driver however it seems to
ignore everything in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and it boots into whatever
resolution it wants.  The numbers don't match.

I figured this would be the fb settings so I checked what fbset says.
fbset says I'm at mode "640x480-283" which is what my consoles are running
at.

I selected 1280x1024 in Xconfigurator, when X starts it's coming up in
1280x960.

Anyone know why?  Or how to fix this?

-b