where can I fine javac

Christian Gross yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 17 22:50:00 2002

At 18:40 17/05/2002 -0700, you wrote:
Download the RedHat Linux SDK here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html it includes javac.

>Javac is Sun's java compiler. It is available in any of the Sun SDKs.
>
>http://www.blackdown.org/ is *the* Java-Linux site. It has Linux-native
>Java tools,
>
>For the newbies, YDL is RedHat ported to the PPC platform.

Fair enough but that does not help the PPC user...  On the sun site I only
saw the i386 stuff.

The issue with YDL 2.2 (or at least mine) is that I cannot run the IBM JDK
which is required to run the Tomcat stuff.  Blackdown runs on YDL 2.2, but
it does not work with Tomcat.  It causes a memory problem.  Hence the only
solution that I have found is to run YDL 2.1 with the IBM JDK which is
available at www.alphaworks.ibm.com

But if someone can prove me wrong please do so since I would prefer to use
YDL 2.2.  Otherwise I am waiting until the blackdown folks ported JDK 1.4.

Christian Gross
Software Engineering Consultant
http://www.devspace.com
North America: 1-450-675-4208