OpenOffice.org and Abiword

Cynthia Croy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 18 11:21:01 2002

Has anyone downloaded the Abiword source code? I downloaded it and
followed the compile/intall intructions on the web site-  except I left
off the "f" part of the gunzip step. I got an error about it being an
old option. Otherwise, everything seemed to work OK. However, I can't
find the new executable. Where did it go? I tried using the Gnome find
utility, but this wasn't really helpful.

In my continuing quest to find a word processor other than Kword, I
intalled OpenOffice.org from the YDL tasty CD. I followed the directions
for a single user that were in the readme, and I installed into /usr.
When I tried to run the application, it came back with "configuration
file 'home/Cindy/.sversionrc not found'". I'm not sure the filename is
correct, since the font in the message was hard to read. What do I do to
fix its complaint? Second, I would like to upgrade to the latest
version. Is there a way I can do this without downloading the whole
thing? 76Mb over a modem download will take an awful long time.

Thanks for any help.

Cindy