Installing a Local Printer (USB)

Richard Jenkins yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 20 00:23:01 2002

My system:

iMac (350 MHz) with YDL (version 2.0) installed.  Memory equals 256 Meg.

Printer HP Laserjet ... connected through iDock to usb port on the iMac.

Kernel 2.2.19-1 (default version 2.0 kernel).

This setup CAN print on the apple side.

I was following Tom Logan's suggestions in this matter but came adrift quite
early.

Upon running "more /proc/bus/usb/devices" ... I no reference to the HP
printer.

I have used insmod to load the printer driver so  "more
/proc/bus/usb/drivers" does show the usblp driver.

Printtool does show a detected printer at /dev/usb/lp0.

Trying to get a test page shows the page is loaded into the spool.  However
... I just get timeouts and reprints...   and no printer output.

Any suggestions people??