where is pdisk? or is this what I need?

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 20 18:57:01 2002

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Neil Jolly wrote:
>On May 20, 2002 10:01 am, Christopher Murtagh wrote:
>>  Actually, UFS isn't compatible with OS X anymore either, check the
>> archives for more info on this. From their own tech support docs:
>>
>>  'When installing Mac OS X Server 10.0.3, it must be installed on a Mac OS
>> Extended (HFS Plus) formatted volume and not a UFS formatted volume. If
>> you install on an UFS formatted volume, you will not be able to use the
>> Server Admin, and other services may behave unexpectedly.'
>
>Does this apply to OS X as well, or just OS X Server?

 I *think* it applies to both. I would be very surprised if OS X behaved
any differently than OS X Server in this matter. They are really the same
OS now, with just different services/software enabled. At the moment, I
don't use either, we do have to support it at work.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh