YUP hasn't worked in a dog's age...

Andy Hocker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 20 21:28:01 2002

On Mon, 20 May 2002, John Nelson wrote:

> Rather than suffer through trying to figure this one out, I'm going to
> just bite the bullet and download Champion 1.2 (I think that's the
> latest version).  Hope YUP works better with that one.

Whoah.  1.2 was the latest version, like, two years ago.
We're up to 2.2 now.  They don't even call it Champion Server
anymore.

> The question is, can I install 1.2 on top of 1.1 or do I need to blow
> away the disk and start from scratch?  I know some Linux distributions
> are picky about this.

Considering the amount of trouble people had trying to do
2.1 -> 2.2, I'd say your best bet is to chuck 1.1 and do
a poppin'-fresh install.

Andy

Andy Hocker                     office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester         phone:     (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318         fax:       (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500                      e:        hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL  60510              hey ho:          let's go