ICQ

Stephen Reiach yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 20 21:28:12 2002

> Are they current with the current PC/Mac versions? I'm referring to the
> actual communication protocol - AOL keeps changing it to keep MSN messe=
nger
> out.

As current as they can be. gaim has never been cut-off by AOL like Trilli=
an=20
has.  However, it doesn't include _ALL_ the fuctions of the proprietary=20
counter parts. For example File transfer is not implemented.  [IM Images =
are=20
though] Mostly because of its multi-protocol nature.  They're have been a=
=20
couple protocol changes but they're proptly reverse engineered.

> licq version 1.1.0 SSL (rpm install) works just fine with KDE 3.0 for m=
e.
Yes, I knew the development version worked with qt3. However, I didn't wa=
nt to=20
recomend a development version.  I may just have a peek at it however. :-=
)

Stephen Reiach
sreiach@myrealbox.com