auto-starting daemons on startup

Sam Moore yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 20 22:41:01 2002

If you know how to start your server from the command line, you can
add the same command to the file /etc/rc.d/rc.local.
It's probably best to add your stuff at the end of the file.
This file, which is a bash script, contains commands that are run
after all the more common servers and other processes are started. It
is usually used for your own custom startup thingies.

If you're interested in the full-on Sys-V Init treatment, that's a
bigger topic...