Postgresql administration in Webmin

Geert Janssens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 21 07:52:01 2002

Hello,

I recently upgraded my YDL 2.1 system to YDL 2.2 via the apt-get
procedure described on terrasoft's website.

Since then, I can't administer Postgresql anymore via webmin. Has
anybody else experienced this ?

I checked the postgresql documentation and website for a solution, but
didn't find any.

This is what happens:

Before, when I clicked the Postgresql button under webmin's servers tab,
I got a list of available databases. (Currently only template1).

Now, since the upgrade, it gives me the following error message:
The PostgreSQL client program psql could not execute on your system.
Maybe PostgreSQL is not installed, or your module configuration is
incorrect.

When I check the module configuration, all settings are the default (I
have never changed a setting), meaning user=postgres,
path-to-psql-command=/usr/bin/psql.

Also, the access configuration for postgresql is that all connections
via localhost or 127.0.0.1 are trusted.

This is with
Postgresql v7.2-2a
Webmin v0.881-1