Liquid and KDE 3

Pat Plummer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 22 19:19:01 2002

On Wednesday 22 May 2002 10:16, Stephen Reiach <sreiach@myrealbox.com>
wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 May 2002 10:58, Christopher Murtagh wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 May 2002, Stephen Reiach wrote:
> > >from the mosfet site:
> > >Once installed you should follow these steps in the KDE Control Cent=
er to
> > > use Liquid: Select the Liquid color scheme from Look and Feel->Colo=
rs,
> > > select the Liquid style from Look and Feel->Style, then select the=20
>>Liquid window manager style in Look and Feel->Window Decoration.
> >I've tried this, Liquid doesn't show up anywhere in the KDE Control
> > Center.
=20
> Really, hmm.  Worked perfectly for me. Did get any errors from the 'mak=
e=3D20
> install'? Like permissions errors and the like? Or any errors at all fo=
r =3D
> the=3D20
> that matter.

Didn't work for me either. You prob noticed that <make install> puts the =
files=20
and various subdirs in /usr/local/kde/share and /usr/local/kde/lib. What =
I=20
ended up doing is taking the files and moving them to their correct place=
s in=20
/usr/share/applnk/Settings/LookNFeel, /usr/share/app (various subdirs),=20
/usr/lib, /lib/kde3/, and /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/styles. Not pretty, but i=
t=20
worked.

Pat
--=20