Building Apache

Al Arzaga yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 23 10:25:14 2002

On 5/22/02 7:17 PM, minfrin@sharp.fm (Graham Leggett) remarked:

>Al Arzaga wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried building Apache 2.0.36 from source?
>
>>     Installing configuration files
>>     Installing HTML documents
>>     cp: memory exhausted
>
>How much memory do you have?

I had more than enough.  Somewhere around 875MB of RAM.
Problem was that something was eating up all the memory.  I thought nothing of it at first and thought there wasn't enough swap space or something.  But then after running top and looking at the running processes listed, it didn't make any sense.  There wasn't enough going on to take up all that memory.  I was down to about 30MB of free memory.

So, I rebooted.

And I was able to build apache just fine after that.