Need compile tools was Re: Liquid the easy way...

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 23 10:45:01 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Tom Spencer wrote:
>I get this error when performing the ./configure --prefix=/usr
>
>configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>
>Why do I get this?

 Ahh, not a problem... this simply means that you are missing developer
tools in your install (probably did a home/workstation install).

 So, insert your install cd and do the following (as root):

 mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

 cd /mnt/cdrom/Yellowdog/ppc/

 rpm -i foo1
 rpm -i foo2

 where foo{n} is everything from this list (NOTE: you *might* not be able
to do them in this order):

autoconf
automake
binutils
bison
blt
byacc
bzip2-devel
cdecl
cpp
cproto
ctags
cvs
diffutils
flex
gcc-*
gdb
gettext
glibc-devel
gperf
indent
libtool
libtool-libs
m4
make
patch
readline-*
rcs
rgrep
rsh
rsync
sed
sharutils
strace
texinfo
tclx
tix
tk
tkinter
umb-scheme
unarj
unzip
zlib
zlib-devel

 You probably don't need scheme (umb-scheme) or Fortran (gcc-g77) but it
won't hurt to have them installed just in case some software does make use
of it.

 Terra Soft folks: A linux machine is useless without compile tools, even
for newbies. Sooner or later *everyone* needs to compile something. This
is my only real gripe with YDL 2.x.

Cheers,

Chris

--