Compiling Xine?

Romeyn Prescott yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 23 17:25:01 2002

I have been trying to compile Xine from source so as to watch DVDs in Linux.

I failed miserably at it in YDL 2.1.  Today I bit the bullet and
zarched my / partition in order to install from scratch (could we
please have am upgrade path for the next version?) YDL 2.2.  I
thought I had read that Xine came as part of YDL 2.2, but I didn't
see it.

So I downlowded and compiled the source for Xine-lib 0.9.9.  I then
try and 'configure' the Gnome gui interface and get this:

-----
checking for xine-config... /usr/local/bin/xine-config
checking for XINE-LIB version >= 0.9.9... no
*** Could not run XINE test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding XINE or finding the wrong
*** version of XINE. If it is not finding XINE, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
***
configure: error: *** You should install xine-lib first ***
-----

I've tried everything I know how to do, but I clearly don't know
enough.  Is there an oh-so-handy RPM for 0.9.9 I could install?

...ROMeyn
--
http://www2.potsdam.edu/dctm/prescor/signat-url.htm