8500 w/two NICs: Internal and Asante 10/100

Roger Weeks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 25 19:03:01 2002

Got YDL 2.2 installed and running, having a bit of a problem.
eth0 is the internal 8500 ethernet, eth1 is the Asante 10/100 card.
By default YDL brought both of them up with the same IP configuration.
Changed the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and eth1 to reflect the
configuration I want for each card, but that doesn't appear to work.
Any suggestions?  The Asante card isn't listed anywhere under the "supported"
hardware, but it appears that some other folks have got them working.

Send email directly, I'm not subscribed to the list.

rjw@sonic.net