Keep it up? Backup?

Rob Brandt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 28 22:16:01 2002

Hi everybody;

My new linux server is finally online and serving up sites.

Now to more mundane issues of running a YDL web site server:

1) This Mac has a 'soft' power key.  This means that I cannot rely on it to
automatically boot up after a power failure.  Any suggestions?

2) Backup.  At the moment, the server is sitting on a spare desk next to me
and it will be no problem to go over there and put in a CDR and back it
up.  But soon I will be transferring it to another site with a bigger pipe,
and access will not be easy or welcome on a non-emergency basis.  What is
my best strategy for regular backup cycles?  I can do the backups from just
about any kind of computer I want; Windows, Mac or I could even build
another linux machine if needed.

TIA

Rob