ADB StyleWriter 2500

Stephen Lewis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 29 00:55:01 2002

Surely ADB stands for Apple Desktop Bus and is used
for keyboards and mice but not printers???
I believe the Stylewriter is a serial printer.
To answer your question - of course there is -
what have you tried?
Try logging in as 'root' and typing
'printtool' and follow instructions for
adding a locally connected printer. If that doesn't
work try Google and search for "stylewriter 2500 linux driver"
and you will find:
http://homepage.mac.com/monroe/styl/
where there is a driver specially made for the Stylewriter.
YDL (and most Linux distributions) can print
almost any file type to almost any printer on
almost any platform. Try reading:
/usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/master-filter
on your YDL system,
Stephen Lewis