Backup devices

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 31 20:19:01 2002

On Fri May 31 2002, bronto wrote:

> I do like the idea of the useable and cheap media, but the low
> capacity is a turn off.  This will be for a remote server and I don't
> want to have an administrator standing there swapping disks just to
> complete a full backup.  Unless you see a way around that, what are
> the second choices?

If you have a reasonable size network pipe, how about rsync to a disk
on another machine.  Once the initial backup is made, the subsequent
incremental deltas might not even be all that large.  Of course take
proper security precautions like making the server data read only to
rsync, restrict access to only the backup system, and use an rsync
password.

						-Bill