Script Help?

Drew Lane yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 4 17:50:02 2002

I've found the problem with my script file, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

This is the offending line:

> tar -xzOf $pkg ./control.tar.gz | tar xzOf - ./control | sed -e
> "s/^Filename:.*//g" | grep -v '^$' | sed -e "s/^Description:/Filename:
> $sed_safe_pkg\\

After this line executes (under YDL), it just sits there waiting for input.

To test this, I ran the following command on both YDL and RH:

tar -xzOf myfile.ipk ./control.tar.gz | tar xzf - ./control

(myfile.ipk is just a .tar.gz file that was renamed with .ipk extension)

On RH this works as expected and I get a file called control

On YDL it just sits there waiting for input. (?)

Can someone explain the difference, please?  Is there a quick fix?

Thank you,

Drew