Use fdisk to create HFS partition?

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 5 09:48:01 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Marc Stergionis wrote:
>I was hoping to not have to repartition the entire drive (ie. I don't
>want to touch the other two HFS partitions). Don't Drive Setup and Disk
>Utility both destroy all data on the entire device?

 If you want to add another HFS partition without erasing the current
ones, then Apple's tools are definitely not the way to go. I suspect you
could do it in Linux, but I would recommend using FWB's Hard Disk Toolkit
(www.fwb.com) as HFS support in Linux has been not that great
(understandably as HFS really sucks as a file system).

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh