Phoenix 0.4 distribution built for GNU Linux/PowerPC

Neill Miller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 7 23:28:01 2002

--=.z5coc?Lh0Rdi,H

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002 19:55:06 -0800
Brian Young <bcy@scn.org> wrote:

> Okay, I got the tar.gz file unzipped, though I unzipped it into my
> downloads folder.  As a severe Linux n00b, I really want to know what
> I did wrong.

I don't see the problem! ;-)

Normally, I save the tar.gz file in my home directory and extract it
there - but really, it doesn't matter where the actual file resides.  As
long as it works, run with it.

> Thanks!  I know there's a simple solution, but I'm just really new at
> this. If someone wants to either give me a simple solution, or point
> me at a resource that will tell me these things for the future, I
> would be infinitely grateful.

In general, it doesn't matter where downloaded binaries are extracted.
Anywhere you choose is 'the right place'.  Just create a link or icon to
where the file is and you're good to go.

Best regards,
-Neill.

--
http://www.thecodefactory.org/neillm