D-Link 802.11 Wireless Lan card on Powerbook

Neill Miller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Nov 8 16:06:01 2002

--=.zwq6LBbNZPGTy:

On Sat, 09 Nov 2002 11:35:18 +1300
Bernard mentink <ebike@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> Thanks for your config.opts file. I did try it, but unfortunatly got a
>
> kernel oops with those settings. One of the memory ranges seems to be
> the problem. error message on insertion of card is:

In my experience, if you don't boot with the card in, chances of getting
the card to work are slim (for x86 too).  I haven't spent any time
looking into this, as it's not that a big of a deal to me.  There's
probably a way around that.

I also just realized that I sent you the wrong config.opts file. :-{

My current PPC installation is not actually working on the wireless
network (nor can I test it since I don't have wireless at home).

> By the way, what config settings did you use for your Orinoco card?

I'm not sure what you mean here.  I usually boot up, login as root; run
/etc/init.d/pcmcia start; and run dhcpcd eth1; and it just works
(assuming you have all the kernel support you need).

The only change I recall making to any of the pcmcia config files were
the memory ranges in the config.opts file.  This was documented
somewhere (probably the official pages), but I can't recall where.  I'll
look around for that...

Best regards,
-Neill.

--