YDL 2.0 vs. 2.3

Stephen Reiach yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 12 08:28:01 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:34:58 -0500
Bondtrails <bondtrails@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I purchased YDL 2.0 some time ago (at a Macworld I believe) and finally
> got my hands on an old Mac to use as a file server. But since YDL 2.3
> is now available, what are the differences between 2.0 and 2.3? I have
> a Umax S900 so my soon-to-be fileserver is a bit old...which is the
> better version to use? Can I just install 2.0 then upgrade via the 'net
> to 2.3 through some "Software Update" type of feature?
>
> --Bondster!

You *can* upgrade from 2.0 to 2.3. You have to install apt-get. Which requires a new version of rpm, which requires... So if you have some time to figure it out, you can get apt-get installed and apt-get dist-upgrade. If youre going that root dl the iso so that you have the rpms right there instead of having to dl them all.  Or buy the new version to support YD. :-) Also note that YDL3 should be out *soon* [before the end of the year].  There have been several posts about upgrading from 2 -> 2.3 on this list that should help.

Steve R