6500 on-board video: accelerated console?

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Nov 15 21:16:00 2002

It's been forever since I tried using the 6500's onboard video:
ATY,264GT-B (I think it's an Xclaim chip of some sort?). I'm using
the atyfb kernel argument in BootX but absolutely no combination of
resolution and bit depth will work. I've tried both the vmode/cmode
and the HHHxVVV-MHZ@DEPTH style arguments. I'm just trying to boot
into an accelerated console so I can get the timings to try to run
accelerated X. The screen goes black as soon as acceleration kicks in
(the machine continues to boot); this is on a 15" Apple multisync
monitor with built-in speakers. Booting with no video checked works
of course, but I end up with no timings that I can use in X.

Any help? Or any XF86Config-4 file for this beast? (again,
accelerated; it's trivial to get it going in OFfb)

Stefan Jeglinski