Airport

Tanger yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Nov 15 21:55:01 2002

Hello Steve,

Since I got all caught up in trying to get MOL to run I didn't follow up
on your suggestions regarding the installation of the airport.

On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 01:08  PM, Stephen Reiach wrote:

> Once you have a working kernel MOL and Airport shouldn't be a problem.
> BTW What kind of Apple is this? There is an Airport howto on YDL.

The Apple is a 400Mhz G4 Titanium Power Book.  I am following the howto
and get stuck here:

[root@3-98-237-24-cable root]# /sbin/modprobe airport
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4a/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/airport.o:
init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4a/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/airport.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4a/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/airport.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4a/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/airport.o: insmod
airport failed

What can I do at this point?  My guess is that I have to install
something.  But, if that is true, what?

Cheers,

Stefan