Success!! but I have a question...

Andreas Tobler yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Nov 16 09:52:01 2002

Bondtrails wrote:

> Hey everyone,
> after many trials, I finally got YDL v2.3 up and running on my UmaxS900!
> (And its running great). I haven't tried MOL and all that other good
> stuff, but for now I am pleased with how far I got.
>
> Here's a simple question:
> How can I capture all that text that scrolls across the screen during
> the boot-up sequence?

It's already in /var/log/messages, if you want more: man syslog.conf

> Also, I am looking at all my services that start up during the boot
> sequence, how do I know if my FTP server is starting? If its not, how
> can I get it to start up automagically?

xinetd is responsible for I guess. In /etc/xinetd.d you should have an
entry like this:

file name: proftpd in my case.

# default: off
#       normal, unencrypted usernames and passwords for authentication.
service ftp
{
         socket_type             = stream
         wait                    = no
         user                    = root
         server                  = /usr/sbin/in.proftpd
         log_on_success          += DURATION HOST USERID
         log_on_failure          += USERID
         only_from               =
         nice                    = 10
         disable                 = no  <----- to enable it say no here