boot failure (and MOL) complete

Tanger yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 17 11:32:00 2002

On Saturday, November 16, 2002, at 10:10  PM, Eddie Bindt wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Tanger wrote:
>
>>> rpm -ta --clean mol.spec
>>> rpm -ta --clean mol-kmods.spec
>
> -ta is wrong ! that is used to rebuild from tar.gz
> use -ba
>
> rpm -ba mol.spec
> rpm -ba mol-kmods.spec

Hello Eddie,

I checked the man and it looks like you are right:

    BUILD OPTIONS
        The general form of an rpm build command is

        rpm {-bSTAGE|-tSTAGE} [build-options] FILE ...

        The argument used is -b if a spec file is  being  used  to
        build  the  package  and -t if rpm should look inside of a
        (possibly compressed) tar file for the spec file  to  use.

However, when I try to build from the SPEC file, using -ba I still get
this darn message:

[root@3-98-237-24-cable SPECS]# ls
mol-kmods.spec  mol.spec
[root@3-98-237-24-cable SPECS]# rpm -ba mol.spec
mol.spec: No such file or directory
[root@3-98-237-24-cable SPECS]# rpm -ba mol-kmods.spec
mol-kmods.spec: No such file or directory

Suggestions, please!

Stefan