(no subject)

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 17 15:22:01 2002

Yes, I can do it 1600x1024 (I should have realized this was the maximum
resolution for the 22" display).  The only problem that I have now is
when I edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 config file for a "defaultDepth 24"
The changes does not work, I am stuck with a default depth of 8.  Below
is the output of "xwininfo":

xwininfo: Please select the window about which you
          would like information by clicking the
          mouse in that window.

xwininfo: Window id: 0x180000e ".gnome-desktop"

  Absolute upper-left X:  0
  Absolute upper-left Y:  0
  Relative upper-left X:  0
  Relative upper-left Y:  0