tibook'02+YDL2.3+pmud+snooze=crash

A R yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 17 17:17:01 2002

Dear Group,

Does anyone have pmud working on the 2002 Tibooks?
I normally operate with pmud disabled.  To attempt a
snooze, I try the following (as root):

# chmod +x /etc/power/*
# /sbin/snooze
connect: Connection refused
# /sbin/snooze -f

System goes to sleep.  Tiny Mac "breathing light"
brightens and dims, as it should.

Strike a key:  "breathing light" stops breathing.
(Again as it should.)

Screen does not come back to proper display.
Sometimes
looks all bright (whitish/bluish, like a watercolor
painting), sometimes shows this brightness and then
goes black.

At this point there is no keyboard or mouse control,
and the machine does not respond to remove "ping"s or
"ssh" requests.  Must reboot.

So I would characterize this as a crash upon wakeup,
although this may not be technically correct.

Technical info:

YDL 2.3 pretty much stock.
kernel:   2.4.19-4a
pmud:  pmud-0.10-1b
hardware:  Tibook with 1280x854 res/digital video port

I'd be happy to provide additional info if it will
help understand this problem.  Thanks for any advice!

Andrew