tibook'02+YDL2.3+pmud+snooze=crash

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 17 22:15:01 2002

At 18:57 -0800 on 2002-11-17 Steven Filling wrote:

 > So - is the video chip in the newest tibook iteration supported?
 > ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 graphics processor with up to 64MB of DDR SDRAM

Gee, I did not even know that they revamped the model yet
again--that's how one becomes out of date (equipment-wise speaking) in
les than half an year.  Hmm.

I don't know anything about the 9000, but logically speaking 9000
cannot be better supported that the M7, eh?  I also seem to recall
that the most recent ATI adapter recommended for Linux hovers around
the number 8000 (8500 maybe?), but I wouldn't really know.

I should also note that, at the time I got my (by now old, ;-) )
tibook nobody had really seen the particular video card that was in
it.  It did take in excess of a month to get it working, but I did get
it to work eventually, so don't despair--although I am still waiting
for somebody to get the sleep in working order for the damn thing.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.