nfs mount problems os x

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 18 06:33:01 2002

I had problems with our system not working right, too.  However, I
could get a manifestation when trying to NFS mount a tree from YDL to
Linux.

Now I have things working fine.  I can mount NFS volumes from YDL to
linux locally and over a VPN and to the OSX box I tried.

The two things which have changed are:
	1. I upgraded to kernel 2.4.20-rc1-ben0 and built it myself with NFS 3
support (must be NFS *3* support built in!)
	2. The OSX system was upgraded to 10.2.2.

Now things seem to work fine.  I'm pretty sure that I tested the new
kernel w/ NFS3 support and it worked okay from Linux, but OSX 10.2.1
(or is that OS X.2.1?) didn't like it.  Now both machines at my fingers
are 10.2.2, so I can't test it...

Try those upgrades and lemme know if you still have trouble.  I'll tell
you what I have setup here that works...