Remote Shutdown

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Nov 20 09:40:01 2002

A similar question:

Is there a way to get the machine to halt w/o turning the power off?  I
have a server that I would like to have do a shutdown when running from
the UPS and the battery gets low.

However, if I power off, then when the power is restored the system
will not automatically restart.

If I can have the power left on, then it will auto restart when power
is reapplied.  I am hoping for maybe a flag to shutdown/halt or maybe
disable something at kernel build time?

Thanks!