New HP printer driver (hpijs) does not work via CUPS

George Mogiljansky yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 25 08:01:01 2002

Hello Bernie, or anybody using a PowerPrint cable:
Does the PowerPrint cable work, or are you using
another cable, and if so, what is it (not USB)?
Cheers
George
(Trying to use an HP IIP with a Beige G3, PowerPrint
cable and CUPS and GIMP)

--- Bernard mentink <ebike@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am having trouble getting the HPIJS driver working
> under CUPS. I
> downloaded an installed the driver as per the link
> from the
> www.linuxprinting.org page, then downloaded and
> installed the CUPS PPD
> file (for my printer)as per instructions, then
> restarted CUPS.
>
> I set up a new printer in the CUPS admin web server
> (localhost:631),
> using the new driver. All setup ok.
>
> However, when I print anything, or try to print a
> test page. Nothing
> works. There does not appear to be any job in the
> queue.
> The older generic driver works ok.
>
> Anyone been down this track, and got it working?
> I am trying to print out "photo" quality prints, as
> this new driver is
> mean't to be much better at.
>
> Appreciate any help.
>
> Cheers,
> Bernie

=====
"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all
 thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with
 all thy strength, and with all thy mind;
 and thy neighbour as thyself."
 Quoted from St Luke, 10:27.