Netscape or Mozilla

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 25 12:52:01 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Drew Lane wrote:
>I've got Netscape 7 on my intel box and it's a big improvement over
>Netscape 6, so I'm hoping this is available...
>
>Where to download?

 Stick with Mozilla, I don't think you can get a build of Netscape for
ppc-linux. www.mozilla.org is one place to start, or check the YDL
mirrors, you will find RPMs there.

 I would recommend looking into phoenix, it is a feature stripped version
of Mozilla, and it is a lot faster. It is currently in version 0.4 (and
the build I have has some JavaScript issues which are a drag). For the
most part, don't be afraid of the low version number. Phoenix is using
Gecko as its rendering engine, so it isn't as beta as the version number
would suggest.

Cheers,

Chris

--