How do you "configure" a source RPM (.src.rpm)

Andrew Hodel yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 1 20:10:01 2002

If I am correct, I think the .src.rpm is for this:

Basically, extracting the information (source) from the file, and setting=
 it=20
in a source directory structure.  After this, you are supposed to "config=
ure"=20
it to meet your demands, and THEN you recompile it as a regular .ppc.rpm=20
file, then just rpm -i *.ppc.rpm

I don't really know if this is right but correct me if I am wrong.  If I =
am=20
correct, that would mean you can't just run make, make install, etc, but =
that=20
you will need to rebuild the file as a .ppc.rpm file.

Andrew Hodel