matlab

John Klinck yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 2 09:15:00 2002

  There is no official ppc matlab. They only have wintel versions (as of about 6
mo ago).

  Octave is a matlab workalike. It does not allow mex interfaces. It also will
not automatically run existing matlab scripts (not all features are
implemented). I think that octave is distributed with ydl as a tasty morsel.

  Depending on what you want to do, octave may be ok.

  John

>does someone know if there is a free version of a pseudo-matlab
>available ...
>
>or even a matlab compiled for linux-ppc

John M. Klinck
Center for Coastal Physical Oceanography
Department of Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, Virginia 23529
phone: 757 683-6005, fax: 757 683-5550 email: klinck@ccpo.odu.edu