How do you "configure" a source RPM (.src.rpm)

Samuel Flory yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 2 18:22:01 2002

nathan r. rhuby wrote:

> This will place the specfile in /usr/src/rpm/SPECS and the sources
> (with patches) in /usr/src/rpm/SOURCES.  Edit the specfile to control
> what options are passed to configure and the rpm -bb $specfile.

  Generally I use rpm -ba.  That way you also build the src.rpm.  Which
is handy the next time you upgrade and need to recompile.  Or when your
friend wants to run it on <insert strange linux distro>.

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.