USB ZIP drive "not a block device" error

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 3 07:39:01 2002

At 15:37 +1200 on 2002-10-3 Bernard mentink wrote:

 > I have re-compiled my kernel making sure of usb-storage etc, but still
 > the same old error.

OK, I checked this out, and indeed, usb-storage does offer an
interface between the USB stack and the SCSI layer.  Thus, I assume
that the floppy support is immaterial, let's ignore it for the moment.

Anyway, what Zip drive are you using?

Then after you plug the thing in, what is the content (if any) of
/proc/scsi/scsi?  How about /proc/bus/usb/drivers and
/proc/bus/usb/devices?

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.