install problems with Power Macintosh G4 dual

Remco yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 4 02:58:01 2002

Hello

I'm using a Power Macintosh G4 dual (the new one with the mirror front)

I moved the harddisk to the ata66 chain.
Installing ydl 2.3, It installs total, only the networkcard isn't found.

Then when I reboot the yaboot comes up and gives after the Boot: line
---
---
Then the mac boot icon comes up (that thing with the ?) and it waits until the machine reboots and yaboot comes up again.

I tryed booting from the cd and at the Boot: promt some thing like hd:3,/boot/vmlinux and some variations tto that line, but i get
the responce no device found

In short Linux won't startup.
When I move the installed harddisk to the ata100 chain the kernel starts but crashes with a kernel panic, probably misses the ata100
driver.

Has anyone got an idea how I can boot linux?

Grtz,Remco