YDL fdisk says it can't find hard drive on new dual G4

Tim ODriscoll yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 15 13:36:01 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Grant Chesy wrote:
> Is there a similar (or completely different) workaround to get YDL
> installed on this box?

What's the exact error fdisk is giving you? I tried installing YDL on my
Cube onto a brand new disk, and it complained because the disk needed to
have a partition map before fdisk would create any partitions. I used
pdisk to create the partition map, then went from there.

I don't think that relates to your problem though, as I get the impression
that you've already installed OSs on this disk, so the partition map
should already be there. But my info might help :)

Cheers, Tim