webmin

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Oct 19 05:57:01 2002

On Friday, October 18, 2002, at 09:51  PM, Jonathan Smith wrote:

> I think I'm confusing you, sorry, I'm good at that sometimes.  I'm
> having two seperate problems:

Yes, you were.  But I'm good at being confused sometimes... :)

> webmin can't be installed through apt-get since it doesn't recognize
> YDL 2.3.  Solved by installing the tarball.
>
> When I try to run FileManager in Webmin I get the following error
> message:
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: FileManager (Bad magic number)

I have the same issue on my YDL system.  I'd just never tried the File
Mangler before.  It works fine on my RHL 7.2 system running 0.990,
though...  I also got an error on a remote RHL 7.2 system running
Webmin 0.93, if that's any consolation...

> I was wondering if anybody else is seeing the java error - I'm going
> to forward all this to the webmin folks but I'm trying to see if
> anybody else is affected by this error or if it's just me. :)

My guess would be a webmin problem, not a a YDL problem, but if you
have YDL support, you can sure ask them...