Broken perl dependencies

Thomas Kernes yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Oct 20 18:58:01 2002

I wanted to upgrade my Perl installation (among other things) and I have
been moving away from RPMs and compiling my own source.  I recently upgraded
Perl to 5.8.0 from source so I had to uninstall the Perl 5.6 RPM.

Now I get broken dependencies when I try to upgrade other stuff, like
OpenSSL.  The Perl installation from source is in the right place
(/usr/bin/perl, /usr/local/bin/perl).  How can I tell RPM to find it?

openssl-perl: Depends: perl but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: openssl (= v) but 0.9.6b-28.2.3a is to be installed
              Depends: /usr/bin/perl

Can one rebuild the RPM database and fix this?

Thanks.

--
Thomas Kernes
tkernes@buckwestern.com