Recent Security Updates [tar]?!

Alexander Holst yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 21 11:10:01 2002

Hi everybody,

today I tried to download the recently posted Security updates, namely
the tar/unzip packages.
[see http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/resources/errata/YDU-20021020-10.txt]

Funny enough, the document on YDL's errata section lists
tar-2.3.9-0.73.3a.ppc.rpm as the update to be downloaded, but all I
could find on their, and other mirror ftp servers was
tar-1.13.25-4.7.1.3a.ppc.rpm. The latter has a timestamp of
2002-Oct-20, so it was uploaded with all the other updates.

Is it a mistake in the errata doc, YDU-20021020-10.txt, or a mistake
when uploading the file?

Any info appreciated. [I need to update a production server that uses
the tar and zip tools extensively]

Greetings,
Alex

Alexander Holst
Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences
<holst@fh-pforzheim.de>
ph: +49 [0]7231 28-6837
fx: +49 [0]7231 28-6040