Changing timeout when using DHCP on interfaces

Stephen Hocking yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 21 14:07:01 2002

I have an iBook, which has both its internal ethernet and an airport card.
When I don't have it plugged into an ethernet cable, the boot process takes a
horrensously long time when attempting to bring up eth0. Is there any way I
can shorten the timeout on this without removing the request altogether?

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California