HotSync Palm m500 USB YDL 2.3 issue

Michael Loose yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 21 16:23:01 2002

Although the cradle is listed in  /proc/bus/usb/devices after pressing
the hotsync-button of my device and pilot-link is configured to use the
Handspring USB (the usb-serial manual says it will work w. any
Palm-device), port dev/usb/ttyUSB0 (USB1, USB2, Ub3...), 57600 , iīm
neither able to  perform a hotsync nor will the pilot-software transmit
or receive userdata to/from th e palm-device (PalmOS 4.0).

The device is connected over the built-in hub in an Apple Extended Keyboard
(both detected correctly)

Iīm asking this question here because i found about a handful of howto`s
which describe the opposite way of connecting (invoking the driver from
the commandline, then starting hotsync) than itīs printed out in the
manpage (didnīt work with me either) and one undefined hint that there
was an issue w. PalmOS 4.0  - so i feel err... well...  confused.

Any help  would be greatly appreciated

Michael Loose