Wireless Cards

Michael Baer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 24 14:51:00 2002

    Jeff> Does anyone know how to get a SMC 2632W PC-Card to work in a
    Jeff> Powerbook G3-333?  I have Yellowdog 2.3 installed and found
    Jeff> a driver at http://www.linux-wlan.org/.  I downloaded the
    Jeff> driver but then found it needed the pc-card services source
    Jeff> code.  Well after reading some README's it appears that the
    Jeff> 2.4 kernels don't need the pc-card services anymore, that
    Jeff> its all built into the kernel now.  Is there another way
    Jeff> around this?

Even with pcmcia support in the kernel. In order to get the proper
drivers loaded, I still needed to install the pcmcia-cs (
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ ) package on my Wallstreet
Powerbook. You may be able to use it (or need it) to load your SMC
drivers.

I believe you can also build a kernel without pcmcia support and then
use the pcmcia-cs package to provide complete support.  Hopefully,
this won't be necessary for you.

Mike

--
ydl@mikesoffice.com