netatalk

Juan Manuel Palacios yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 24 22:03:01 2002

	If I recall correctly, netatalk still uses 2.x directives of the
AFP protocol (currently at version 3 in Mac OS X). The biggest
differences between the new and old protocol is the removal of file and
disk size limits. No matter how big a disk was, it would always be
reported as < 4GB when viewed with AFP < 3, regardless of having
AppleTalk or IP as the transport protocol. This limits would also apply
to files transfered, which could only scale up to 2 GB with AFP 2.x.
Another removed limitation is the name length with AFP 3 and Unicode, if
I recall correctly.

	Hope that helps. Regards,...

		Juan.