YDL 2.3 & PM8550 with DAT Drive

Carlos Randolph yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Oct 27 16:17:01 2002

I recently purchased a PM8550 Server with the internal DAT drive (HP DDS-2).
I also purchase, yep purchased, YDL 2.3 and did an installation setup for
Internet/Intranet server.

I checked the boot up logs and the Tape drive is recognized as /dev/st0.

I used apt-get to install "mt-st" for the MT commands.

I can do an "mt rewind" to rewind the tape.
I can do an "mt tell" to see where I am at on the tape.

I cannot get the tape to either erase or accept data from tar commands.  It
keeps error out with "input/output error".

Any hints or suggestions as to where I should look for help?

BTW:  These  are brand new tapes as well and I have tried two of them.

CR