NFS client system services

Dave Nafranowicz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 29 11:14:01 2002

I am running YDL 2.4 on a NFS server/client setup and have noticed
that upon the client initial boot I cannot telnet into it from the server.  If
I issue a soft reset on the client I can then telnet into the client from
the server.  I also noticed a difference in the boot messages between
the initial client boot and the subsequent reboot.  The difference is that
on the reboot it seems that the system services get kicked off. For example,
I see the following on reboot but not on the initial boot:

Setting network parameters:  [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface lo:  [  OK  ]
Starting system logger: [  OK  ]
Starting kernel logger: [  OK  ]
Initializing random number generator:  [  OK  ]
Starting identd: [  OK  ]
Starting at daemon: [  OK  ]

Why do these services get launched on reboot but not on the initial boot?
Any ideas will be appreciated!

-dave

Dave Nafranowicz
Software Engineer