Java / Airport Help!!!

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 3 16:58:01 2002

Greetings: I installed java2re 1.3.1 via Troy Vitullo's help (from YellowDog). The install appears to be OK, BUT...I STILL can NOT acess the java applet  for the Airport Base Station Configurator! I LOVE Linux but this is extremely frustrating!! Forgive...All I want to do is to verify that I have a functioning path to the j2re environment. If not, then how do I correct it. Most importantly, I want to be able to set up wireless networking via the graphite Airport Base Station (which worked fine with OS X)with my installed Airport card. I have been without wireless access for 5 WEEKS! I can't be the only person who has experienced this problem. My peers running x86 Linux have had NO problems!! If anyone can offer help I would appreciate it and reciprocate as appropriate! Please respond to this cry for help!

Mark P. O'Brien
Security Engineer
(with strings attached :(