new G4 towers [WARNING: MS-Outlook]

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 5 13:11:01 2002

On Thursday 05 September 2002 12:25 pm, Thayne wrote:
> No I'm not!  Maybe if this mailing list responded faster I wouldn't hav=
> post that last one.  I'm just saying from "my experience" nVida is bett=
er
> than ATI for Linux support.

I would agree with you on that for Intel side of things, but last I check=
ed,=20
there were no Nvidia binaries for PPC, I may be wrong, but I have seen on=
ly=20
Intel and Amd based drivers, alpha as well, since they aren't true source=
 in=20
the sense the raw code is actually there, there is therefore no way to=20
compile them for PPC.

Having said that, however, the Nvidia drivers from them are far and away=20
better at this point then the open source drivers available for ATI, as t=
hey=20
enable all the features the chips (on intel) which isn't being done for t=
he=20
ATI card at this point, unless Dan or someone in the PPC world expands on=
=20
what the main developer group produces, last I checked, that effort was b=
eing=20
partially funded by a weather station and who only wanted some features=20
enabled on the 9500, not all.
--=20
 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services